Followers

Monday 22 February 2016

A wall hanging decoration by Lu Lucker

Hi everyone, its my turn (Lu) for a tutorial here today.  I decided to make a special wall hanging decoration tutorial using lots of things from That Craft Place.

Lets start with a wheel that you  might have left over from some ribbon.  I've also cut out 2 shapes of the same size. 

 
You need to glue a piece of the card either side of the wheel.  I used my hot glue gun for this, but think maybe tacky glue would have been easier!


I had already stamped and coloured the image I wanted to use.  This image is from Creative Expressions, Stamps to Die for and designed by Sue Wilson.
Picked all the yummy ribbons that I wanted to use.
Then started the really fun part of deciding how I wanted to decorate.  Before I did decorate, I wrapped a thin piece of ribbon around the wheel and glued a loop at the top, so that I could hang the decoration.
I used some sticky back tape to stick the organza ribbon to the hemp ribbon and then folded to create this look;
All held in place using my hot glue gun! I got burnt a lot making this!
I tied a bow to the top of the ribbon that you will use to hang your decoration from and cut lots of die shapes to embellish. This is the back with the sentiment.

This is the front with the coloured image. I've also used frontage, flowers, string beads/pearls and gems, all of which you can get from Lisa in her store.

I hope you like what I have made.


 
Don't forget our latest challenge is HERE

Links you need to know 

2 comments:

01 09 10