Followers

Friday 3 October 2014

For our current challenge please go here

If it's cake chat you are after then grab a cuppa and a cake and read on as it is cake Friday!!

So one thing I am asked is where I get my recipes from…. well I kinda use the same one every time… I use my basic vanilla sponge recipe and tweak it to each flavour… One thing I do is check out supermarkets and food Fayre's for flavour ideas… so if I want a lemon cake I use my basic vanilla recipe and instead of using vanilla essence I use the juice and zest of a lemon or two depending how strong I want the taste (I always try to use fresh rather than essence as it gives a nicer taste). 

Then I fill the cake with a good quality lemon curd and lemon buttercream or if I'm feeling adventurous a white chocolate buttercream mmmm….  Then I experiment using fruit… let me tell you lemon and blueberry is a winner in this house….mmmmm

 The only time my recipe changes is with chocolate cakes or a cake I want to have that taste.. instead of caster sugar I use fine light brown sugar. It gives such a richer taste and I use this for toffee,  chocolate or biscuit flavours…

So go ahead and try them out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10